Add

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashes  (Read 3721 times)
DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:16:58 PM »

I know it's already on the "Known Bugs"-list, but I'd just want to ask a few questions.

-Do you know the cause or is it just that the functions get instable with time?
-Could the cause be the account system? Because that is what keeps crashing Hexer.

That's all, I'm just curious Tongue

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 07:12:15 AM »

Well, its a lil from column a and a lil from column b... I belive it is the account/skill system that makes all the functions finicky. They both revolve around dynamic arrays, and dynamic arrays dont work very stably in the soldat script core. After soldat 1.5.1 i should be able to use SQL for accounts and skills instead of dynamic arrays and that should add stability.

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:29:12 AM »

Couldn't you change as many dynamic arrays as possible to normal arrays? Because dynamic arrays are really sucky in Soldat's scriptcore. You could even go as far as using recursive functions to initialize the normal arrays (finding the exact needed size that way) if you don't want to use big arrays that you'd only need because you don't know how much space you need. The main target should be focussing on as simple code as possible to reduce the chances for a crash that really hurts right now, because there's this possibility to loose your hard farmed experience. And don't hope for 1.5.1 yet, nothing's sure and nothing's written in stone. I'm getting a bit nervous there, because MM could choose to sell Soldat to a company and we all know what companies do with indi games..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal