Add

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZRPG server  (Read 3934 times)
sleepy
Zombie

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:24:29 PM »

after noticing that people still post in the shoutbox: it occurred that i should probably post something here.

i used to play on hacktank's server and loved the shit out of ZRPG. one of the most enjoyable scripts i've seen. i too feel like its something that should be kept around.

for the time being i'm running the server locally (boo @ me)
however i have a server rack i am working at getting setup.
the problem is that i need to get a new breaker and outlet setup for it.
once i have power for it i'll migrate the server and it should be good to stay there indefinitely.

the server should show up on the list as Neskimos ZRPG

this brings me to what i'm doing with it at the moment.

weapon settings are fun, so i did those first. i think most of them are ok. i should probably make the ruger more expensive, but other than that i'm open to feedback at this point.

i sorted out and gave some love to the !commands/!help print outs

!kazistl displays kazi styles text.

edited loot item drop table to switch basic weapons for extra pickups.

i think i know how to get rid of the extra zeroes and may be giving that a shot soon

i haven't done much to it yet, but i understand how it works. this is my first time seeing pascal, but code is code for the most part.

next on the list is to try and stop the copycats from butt raping everyone with the ak. they seem to ignore the reload speed.

in the votemap script it says my player id is out of range if i !maps. this is likely what i'll be digging into next. the other commands work fine.

other than that; things appear to be operating smoothly.

as for maps

i have 26 maps in rotation
i felt there should be a little more variety
i have a large map pack containing mostly crap and unfriendly maps
so i'm working on one as a break from pissing people off by restarting the server every 5 minutes.

this is what it's looking like so far:

once i get the last few kinks worked out i'll consider making some kind of addition.
what's been done is mostly all you can do, but i've been considering trying to do ctf with the zombies on charlie team.
run a side-script that takes priority if it sees a ztf_ prefix or w/e. i'll figure it out if the idea gets that far.

i'll leave it at that for now. we'll see how many people are actually around here still.

--Shin--
Greatness is back.
Zombie

Ask+me+for+it.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »

Nice to see somebody wants to keep this alive. I really do hope it works out, this has to be the greatest server I have ever played -- and it should be with all the time I spent on it, lol. Sadly I'd never be able to return to this. Having to regain everything... ugh, too much work.

It's hard not to boast sometimes about being the highest level okay, gosh give me a break. 8D

"As long as I get phone calls from the Museum of Modern Art, that all the film buffs love it, that's a residual. It isn't a financial residual and it isn't an artistic residual, but it's an ego residual."

sleepy
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »

got myself in over my head with a map. holy shit.

inf_Silent

making live edits to it form now on. its in rotation.
good luck.

also: appologies for the recent downtime. i formatted recently and forgot to change the power settings.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:24:57 AM by sleepy » Logged

swill215
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 04:57:52 AM »

It's great to see that this server is still alive. However, I (and possibly a few others) cannot connect to this server any longer due the very high ping that this server now has in lobby. At the moment on my server list this server went from being in the top20 best pings to the bottom 10 worst pings (+9999ms ping). I hope you all get this fixed up soon. This is one of the best ever servers that remain on soldat!.

Regards, Geeky Boy.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal