Add

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flood kick  (Read 4164 times)
Ninja
Zombie

View Profile Email
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:08:35 AM »

Hello!

I want to post a bug, i get kicked for "flood", 20 min ban is annoying, but... I don't write anything and i don't use any commands! I only shoot zombies, and my game is something like: 5-10 min game, 20 min ban. I re-installed my Soldat, downloaded from official site and still doesn't work. Please, check wtf is it.

Anyways, do someone got same problem?

Regards,
Ninja.

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »

This is indeed a bad bug. It seems to happen when theres a lag spike. It says everyone is flooding, but sometimes someone is unlucky and it kicks them even tho i told the server to ignore floodkicks.

You did get unbanned after 20 mins didnt you?

Ninja
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:23:24 PM »

Yes, I'm always getting unbanned, but it's slighty annoying. Anyway, if there's nothing else to do with it, i am rly unlucky :/

#edit
I got kicked for 15 minutes, not for 20 how it says, but i don't think it's big difference.

#edit 2
I get kicked almost everytime i use ruger, especially when buckshot hits about 3 or more zombies. Same with good run with AK-74 (yes, in Soldat it's 74 not 47) and Loot Ammo, when I go almost without reload. Same happens with MP5. Flamer has (almost) no reload, so happens same. If I don't use ruger like fast *paf* *paf* *paf*, just slow *paf*          *paf*, I don't get kicked. I didn't tried to use spas. but i think it would happen same. Ah, PSG makes same, flood kick. Sometimes turret, but it overheats fast.That's why i use: DE, instead of <3 MP5, Barret M82A1 instead of Ruger-77, and as secondary Law M72. I feel like playing demo, which excludes MP5, Ruger, AK-74, FN Minimi, Flamer, PSG and maybe some more (maybe Wave?). If that could help you, it should be good. I think flood kick is for sending too much packets with "bullets", i mean whick buckshot hits which zombie etc. You can too search in script (but i think it's in source of Soldat) kick for 20 mins and 15 mins. But I am afraid that's rather in source. So, summarizing, maybe something from this sh*t could help you.

#edit 3
Oh, and one more thing. I downloaded your ZRPG from soldat.pl forum, probably 1.9.1 version, i played some (logged as admin in Soldat) and i saw in console spam that it's trying to kick me, but can't because i'm admin. So it seems to be here from older versions, but i didn't see that before (i played here about 6 months ago, there was another IP, and maybe soldat 1.4.2 if i'm right).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:43:52 PM by Ninja » Logged

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

Yes, I'm always getting unbanned, but it's slighty annoying. Anyway, if there's nothing else to do with it, i am rly unlucky :/

#edit
I got kicked for 15 minutes, not for 20 how it says, but i don't think it's big difference.

#edit 2
I get kicked almost everytime i use ruger, especially when buckshot hits about 3 or more zombies. Same with good run with AK-74 (yes, in Soldat it's 74 not 47) and Loot Ammo, when I go almost without reload. Same happens with MP5. Flamer has (almost) no reload, so happens same. If I don't use ruger like fast *paf* *paf* *paf*, just slow *paf*          *paf*, I don't get kicked. I didn't tried to use spas. but i think it would happen same. Ah, PSG makes same, flood kick. Sometimes turret, but it overheats fast.That's why i use: DE, instead of <3 MP5, Barret M82A1 instead of Ruger-77, and as secondary Law M72. I feel like playing demo, which excludes MP5, Ruger, AK-74, FN Minimi, Flamer, PSG and maybe some more (maybe Wave?). If that could help you, it should be good. I think flood kick is for sending too much packets with "bullets", i mean whick buckshot hits which zombie etc. You can too search in script (but i think it's in source of Soldat) kick for 20 mins and 15 mins. But I am afraid that's rather in source. So, summarizing, maybe something from this sh*t could help you.

#edit 3
Oh, and one more thing. I downloaded your ZRPG from soldat.pl forum, probably 1.9.1 version, i played some (logged as admin in Soldat) and i saw in console spam that it's trying to kick me, but can't because i'm admin. So it seems to be here from older versions, but i didn't see that before (i played here about 6 months ago, there was another IP, and maybe soldat 1.4.2 if i'm right).

I dont get any notification when you do an edit, didnt even know you added information.

@edit2 You are correct about the origin of the problem. I think the new settings at the bottom of [network] may let me increase the packetflood cap.

@edit3 That version is incredibly old, the current one on the server doesn't share even a single line of code with that one.

I dont think there is a way to change the amount of time you get kicked for, but there may be a backhanded way to script out of it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal