Hacktank's Forum
December 04, 2022, 09:01:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New AUTO-backup system

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Add

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Weapon changes, etc.  (Read 18214 times)
Surgeon
Zombie

View Profile Email
« on: November 21, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »

There wasn't a weapons subforum so I figured I'd stick this here. Anyway, perhaps this could be the thread where we discuss suggestions and ideas regarding weapons and weapon-related skills.

Currently, I feel there's maybe 3-4 weapons which get used above all others. Low levels generally use AKs or sometimes Minimis, while level 35+ or so rely on the MP5 because it's so fast, and they deal so much damage and loot plenty of ammo so that it's essentially like a Minigun. Also, the Ruger is a favorite because it keeps zombies from rushing you and can also be used as a booster. Even the rarely-seen Minigun itself is rendered kinda redundant for the upper levels, but at least it gives you awesome street cred.

I feel that changing the ammo/power/rate of fire of the other weapons would be useless since all that would accomplish is switching out the MP5 for another weapon, so I was thinking it'd be nice if the other guns all had some unique little feature which set them apart. Basically, make the weapons "fun" in addition to being deadly.

My current thoughts/ideas:
- Something's got to be done about the Barret. As one of two weapons you can summon, it pales in comparison to the Ruger because you can't fire accurately on the move and it doesn't hit as many targets. I was thinking that perhaps it could fire a high-precision arrow (arrow because arrows can't ricochet) which can pierce a dozen zombies in a row, but perhaps lower its rate of fire a bit.
- Make high-level skills to summon all the different weapons! Hey, why not? While I'm waiting for level 100 to get the missile skill (which I'm told isn't that good anyway, but oh well), it'd be nice to have some half-way points I could look forward too as well. Finding weapon drops on maps is good and all, but not all maps have them and not all weapon drops have all the weapons. How about a skill which will give you a big fat Minigun or M79 to screw around with?

Sorry 4 teh long psot. Thoughts and your own ideas?
Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »

I didnt think about a weapon subforum, added one and moved this there.

On Topic:
Yes, i agree that the weapons are very imbalanced. I made them in a rush because i lost the old weapon mod from the old server. Ill finagle with them and try to make each one special.

About missile: Missile must be updated about 50-100 times a second to be any good, this cannot be done without using a threaded function. Threaded functions are very very instable in soldatservers. But there is hope, EnEsCe claims that they will be more stable in the update that may exist ever.

About m79/minigun skill: Sure, ill make those, just high min lvl. Also, im contemplating putting a timer on all weapon summon skills, to limit their uberness.

Ataraxia
Global Moderator
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 02:04:09 PM »

ruger needs to have the boost removed - makes it too OPed with its intimidate

I agree with the timer system to prevent excessive weapon spawning

I thought missile still isn't available?

min level for minigun or m79 should be like 200 and 150 respectively Smiley
DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 11:19:54 PM »

Well well, you should sometimes check SF, Hacktank. NSC quit his position as Soldat's main developer and MM is yet to make a decision.

I think the Deagles need a serious buff, either in damage or in ammo, because it's the least used weapon on the server. Since Ruger and Barret stop zombies from going any further, they don't need to be that strong for that reason alone. Just use plain bullets, give the ruger 30 and the barret 60 ammunition, set the fireinterval to something low and it'll be fine. You'd have a weaker, less expensive gun and an advanced version that is more expensive.

The Minigun would be called Hellstorm if it appeared in a Soldat Mod. It's really really strong. What about the Minigun placing mines? Like some weapon in Heretic Mod II did.

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »

Ok,
majorly buffed the degals
finagled the ak/mp5
changed the ruger to normal bullets and made it faster
made the barret faster

and the biggest thing:
The AUG is now an arrow gun!

loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 09:25:37 AM »

Oh, please, leave ruger like before!

Surgeon
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »

The Aug is a lot of fun now, although maybe it should have 6-7 ammo instead of 5? Or maybe make the arrows be able to pierce 1-2 people before losing strength? It seems just a little underwhelming because it hardly benefits from loot ammo and works more like a precision weapon, but sprays like an auto.

I'll judge the changes on the Ruger and Barret once they get their fear factor back as right now the zombies still seem to rush you when you're holding one, although the Ruger seems to be pretty nice once I figured out I can fire it much faster than before. Maybe you can make the Spas shoot more like the old Ruger now, but reduce its ammo a bit? As for the Barret, I just wanted to suggest a complete overhaul for its accuracy on the move. I mean, this is a zombie server - people are mostly running for the flag, not camping in one spot to snipe zombies from afar.

Timers for guns sound iffy but alright if it's not too short of a time interval so you can get your mana/souls' worth out of it. Imo lvl 150-200 for Minigun/M79 is way too high, though! I think it'd be better if the skills were all kept in the interval of 1-100 or maybe 120 if it's a really, really overpowered skill. Waiting until 200 to get a Minigun will take too long, I think, and by the time a player's 200 he'll have enough damage boost to absolutely not care what he's shooting with.
Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 03:39:32 PM »

I think, and by the time a player's 200 he'll have enough damage boost to absolutely not care what he's shooting with.
I dont think youve fought the highest level zombies (i need to make some more high end ones too).

Ill concider making the spas' bullets go faster, but there is a problem with that: the faster the bullets go the more you can boost.

Im still working on ballancing the aug.

I thought i fixed the zombies not stopping.. hmm.

Surgeon
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 10:35:32 PM »

Well I've seen at least some of the higher-level zombies so I know they can be pretty brutal, but still I feel level 200 is too long to wait on the Minigun...

Currently I like the Aug, although purely for aesthetic reasons. I think higher levels would still find the MP5 more useful for sheer volume of bullets, but there's a certain satisfaction gained from nailing a zombie with a stake through the heart (now you need a Vampire zombie who heals when he kills and can only be killed by an arrow Cheesy ). Either way, maybe it'll need some tweaking further down the road when downsides become more evident.

The Spas seems to be pretty powerful against groups of zombies as of right now (although, granted, I'm level 40+ so I do get a substantial damage boost).
Zoidberg
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 11:34:42 AM »

ruger was the best weapon,(+hight lvl,+rage,+fatal hit,+critical) that can finally kill grimm/elite slicer/demon and now... suck when killing normal zombie

My English is horrible... Sorry
Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »

These changes arent final guys, im still working on finding good settings.

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 06:15:56 AM »

Ruger needs more damage. Can't say anything about the Barret, though, because I haven't tested it yet. Deagles are nice now. The AUG can use a tad more damage I think. The MP5 should have less ammunition (that's why it's used by most high levels: high speed and a lot of ammo) and the Minimi needs more. What if the Barret shot missiles? That'd be great Wink

loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »

Ruger is not fun now!  Sad

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 06:31:46 AM »

I think you can leave the Ruger the way it is right now. I finally could test everything with my lvl 79 account and while you waste all your bullets on zombies for 4 kills because of bad hit-detection I still think the Ruger is a nice weapon, since it slows zombies down. But that's only one side of the coin, because on the other side we have the Barret, the big brother of the Ruger. The Barret sucked before the changes, and even afterwards it sucks. Movement accuracy renders the gun useless, because you cannot hit zombies on a distance around 5 metres when moving. I suggest increasing the ammunition and decreasing movement accuracy.

The way I see it, the Deagles are really nice now and are useful for people around lvl 20. The AK can be used by all players from lvl 1 onwards. The AUG gets useful after you get crit and loot ammo, so it's for people who are somewhere around lvl 10-25. Minimi is useful for lowies as well, and finally, the MP5. The MP5 is currently the best weapon for people beyond lvl 40 and I think it's fine this way.

Nice changes!

shadow
Zombie

BY THE POWER OF (peanuts) echoesgame.com

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 12:05:20 AM »

ok i have to say. the ruger doesnt have much point in using anymore, i used the entire round on 3 zombies. forget the slowing of the zombies, the reload time takes away from that bigtimeee. what happened to old ruger :/ gone for a month and the ruger sucks, Deagles is only thing i use anymore. and the barret just.... ehh... sucks....

YOU AINT GOT NO PANCAKE MIX! (or apple sauce)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: