Add

Poll
Question: Is it a good Idea to get Medals, Condecorations and a Hall of fame on the website?
Yes, it is!
No, It's not!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Medals - Condecorations - Hall of Fame  (Read 5278 times)
loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »

Hello.

Was thinking...

We the players that spent a lot of time on server, playing HT script, will be great if we have Medals, condecoration and a Hall of fame, here in the website, I think is a good way to reward all the sacrifice or hours and hours killing zombies, and al the time we got killed.

I bring this idea here, so among all shape it, give name to them, and start to make it happend.

What do you think, is a good idea or a bad idea?

If it's good, then, give ideas about medals and condecorations.

Cya.

--Shin--
Greatness is back.
Zombie

Ask+me+for+it.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 01:04:37 PM »

Then I should win every award in the book for hours of killing.
All 3 years+ of that killing.

"As long as I get phone calls from the Museum of Modern Art, that all the film buffs love it, that's a residual. It isn't a financial residual and it isn't an artistic residual, but it's an ego residual."

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »

I would like this very much, but it would require some custom php(?) scripting and i dont know php. If someone knows how to make mods for SMF and would be willing to make a mod that allows you to link an account here with a name on the stats page then that would be awesome...

loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »

Will study about that, I was an SMF enthusiastic years ago, will check what I can do!

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:50:55 AM »

This sounds interesting. It'd require some programme which'd read all accountfiles from the server, and then update a webpage every 5 minutes or so. But I think not the programme is the actual problem, but rather the implementation of badges and the like in the script itself, so the biggest part is HT's.

loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 09:28:42 AM »

Look at this, is from battlefield stats, is an image with a stats resume from a player:

It looks pretty cool ah

Yan can clic the image too to see all statics, condecorations, achievements, etc... from the same player, on the same website.

We can get some ideas from there!

--Shin--
Greatness is back.
Zombie

Ask+me+for+it.
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:20:41 PM »

^That actually looks pretty good, tbh.

"As long as I get phone calls from the Museum of Modern Art, that all the film buffs love it, that's a residual. It isn't a financial residual and it isn't an artistic residual, but it's an ego residual."

loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 12:53:35 PM »

Hey hacktank, does that stats page, provides any API, source, or something to work with?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal