Add

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Ideas  (Read 10411 times)
fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: January 07, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »

i wasted my time on soldat's forum by writing this Cry Cry repent by reading this!
... i want your weapon script..... T.T
i like the Aug satyr and ruger ^.^
ideas-
-m79 shoots cluster grenades?
-AK-74 shoots knifes? very slow around 5 ammo then to ^^
-bonus zombie/map? -a map where players can get a lot of exp/zombie that gives 1 LL or a certain amount of %xp for killing it zombie needs to be able to spawn only once then
-Admin can give player exp % or lvls and sp or skill change skill lvl / this is special admin /can edit these abilities in accounts files to give certain players save these abilities
-make it possible so you can change amount exp needed for lvl and such alike
-mini maelstrom?
-flame god mode skill? costs 5 souls and 5souls x 2.5 seconds so if 80souls -5 skill activate = 75/5>15x2.5>7.5x5= 37.5 seconds flame god (without flamer) or a certain LL gives a certain max amount of time
-add speed again^^ rename it to sprint ^^
-diffrent types of mines - mine - cluster mine - knife mine(10-40 knifes shooting away on contact) - maelstrom mine(lots of mana and souls+ a min LL for use ^^)
-set pistol uscom something ^^ to 0 and add it to a skill and it had XXX shoots (can't reload) shoot Rambo's exploding arrows)
-  NUKE (min LL XXX)(kills all zombies inside screen) MUAHAAHAHAHAH!
Errors: your server's scripts keep crashing /mine is running fine.
but i haven't got  to the point I'll put it public ^^ I'll edit for ip for those who want to see my server ^^ i guess i am the 2ND competitor ^^

1.i don't do scripting so i do not know if any of my ideas (above) are able to do
2.ROFLCOPTER! just taking space ^^
3. i hope you will stop keeping private 1 T.T otherwise i say it's cheap of you since i can really compet with you then
4.all partial credit for the ideas go to hacktank's server for the experience and the players i meet ideas themself credits go to me^^
5.more space consuming
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:01:33 PM by fredoskimb » Logged

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]
In-Game Name is : DevilsBullet

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:26:09 PM »

Haha, so I actually brought you here Tongue I don't have the mod, but I bet HT will be so nice and hand it out to you.

As to your suggestions:

M79: I don't think cluster nades would do so well, because they are already really weak and are hard to handle. The good thing about 'em is, that they can slow zombies down, but the offside is, that they deal almost no damage due to Soldat's crappy netcode (bots eating the nades).

AK: I'd rather change the Steyr to shoot knives, because it shoots arrows and has only limited ammo. Then again, it'd somehow be a nerf, since arrows pierce colliding objects while knives don't.

Bonus map: Sounds like a bonus round Wink Could be fun, but needs to be discussed some more so we know how you think it should be done. It should be challenging, because you can arleady farm experience very easily.

Admin: That is already possible. We don't do that too often, and if, just because someone lost experience due to a recent crash.

Experience for level-up: That should stay an option for the developer himself, and that is Hacktank. If everyone was able to change the needed experience for a lvl-up by himself, we would see a lot of people with level 999999 and I bet you don't want that Tongue

Mini Maelstrom: How do you mean? Like the one in the old version, just smaller? And as a new skill?

Flame God: A lot of skill suggestions suggest a skill which grants invincibility to its user, and Hacktank already announced he'd add more skills. Just wait and see Wink

Sprint: Sprint was removed, because it was buggy. I can't really tell, but maybe it'll be possible in the new Soldat version.

Mine: I actually suggested something like that in my bíg skill-suggestion-thread in the skill forum-section. Look it up, I think it matches yours.

USSOCOM: I do agree; the secondaries - and especially the pistol - need a buff. But I doubt this'd be the right way, because basically that's a total overkill considering that it's still reloadable (thanks to the skill Reload).

Nuke: Haha, that'd be hellawsum! Something along your suggestion in my skill thread as well Wink

Crashes: How do you mean? Are you running an older version of ZRPG? The error doesn't really lie in the script, but in Soldat's scriptcore. Basically, when one function crashes, others follow; and that causes the crashes. We do hope it'll get better in the new Soldat version, though.

---

The script is kept private, because Hacktank wants it to be like that. You can already be happy to have the old version. Just think about it a bit: How many hours - yes - days has he spent on writing ZRPG? You just don't release a script that big just to see others make their own servers and steal your community. Actually, you have to thank him for not doing so, because you can hoin his server and play with others this way. If there were 6 servers of this kind, the chance to meet someone else playing is significantly lower.

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:46:59 PM »

M79: I don't think cluster nades would do so well, because they are already really weak and are hard to handle. The good thing about 'em is, that they can slow zombies down, but the offside is, that they deal almost no damage due to Soldat's crappy netcode (bots eating the nades).
-i was thinking you could change the damage on the cluster grenades to ^^ so it would be 2-hit kill or 1 hit?

AK: I'd rather change the Steyr to shoot knives, because it shoots arrows and has only limited ammo. Then again, it'd somehow be a nerf, since arrows pierce colliding objects while knives don't.
-well steyr has arrows and ak has nothing just normal so it's in the way mostly ^^ so why not give it knifes? and steyr keeps the arrows

Bonus map: Sounds like a bonus round Wink Could be fun, but needs to be discussed some more so we know how you think it should be done. It should be challenging, because you can (already) farm experience very easily.()<--- corrected your spelling^^
-or a zombie gives a certain amount %exp or a lvl again future should come with the admin i was talking about below ^^

Admin: That is already possible. We don't do that too often, and if, just because someone lost experience due to a recent crash.
-this admin can only manipulate the script, like changing the zombie that spawns instead of Mummy a demon can be spawned(goes to defualt on map change)

Experience for level-up: That should stay an option for the developer himself, and that is Hacktank. If everyone was able to change the needed experience for a lvl-up by himself, we would see a lot of people with level 999999 and I bet you don't want that Tongue
- ability for admin ^ above

Mini Maelstrom: How do you mean? Like the one in the old version, just smaller? And as a new skill?
-1 that's small as the little soldat you go around with 10% of original power ^^

Sprint: Sprint was removed, because it was buggy. I can't really tell, but maybe it'll be possible in the new Soldat version.
-okay
USSOCOM: I do agree; the secondaries - and especially the pistol - need a buff. But I doubt this'd be the right way, because basically that's a total overkill considering that it's still reloadable (thanks to the skill Reload).
- script so the reload skill will not apply on the gun.

Nuke: Haha, that'd be hellawsum! Something along your suggestion in my skill thread as well Wink
-this is like push almost but it kills all zombies you can see while playing thoose outside the screen will survive sort of a mini nu

Crashes: How do you mean? Are you running an older version of ZRPG? The error doesn't really lie in the script, but in Soldat's scriptcore. Basically, when one function crashes, others follow; and that causes the crashes. We do hope it'll get better in the new Soldat version, though.
-no hacktank's server script keeps crashing and i lose about 1-20% exp and i recently lost 92 sp i got from a nice friend ^^

---

The script is kept private, -
i do run my server on my own computer ^^ i will submit to hacktank's will to keep it private although i would like the gun script still ^^ kind pwns ^^

all answers are in the qutoe ^^ GL finding them ^^
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:11:13 PM by fredoskimb » Logged

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »

M79: They'd still be eaten. It's better we just keep it the way it is.

AK: The AK must stay untouched, as it is the most used gun by low-levlers. If we change it to a "requires serious skills"-weapon instead of a "just spray"-weapon many will be pissed, you know? Tongue

Bonus Map: We do have the XP bank, a really tough bot which spawns for high-levlers. I do agree that there could be some kind of bots for low-levlers, though. It'd be easier to implement than a whole bonus-map.

Admin: Hacktank can do that already.. so.. unnecessary Tongue

Lvl-Up: Same as explained above.

Maelstrom: I see now. We'll see what skills will be added Wink

USSOCOM: Welllll, that's actually possible, but this is too much like the LAW.

Crashes: Just report it here or call an admin in game and we'll see what we can do for you Wink

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »

M79: They'd still be eaten. It's better we just keep it the way it is.
-cluster nades kind of good and i use them but eaten?? i get a kill after 3(max) thrown ^^ so they don't eat them very much since the health pack fix

AK: The AK must stay untouched, as it is the most used gun by low-levlers. If we change it to a "requires serious skills"-weapon instead of a "just spray"-weapon many will be pissed, you know? Tongue
-currently it's the aug that's most used.

Bonus Map: We do have the XP bank, a really tough bot which spawns for high-levlers. I do agree that there could be some kind of bots for low-levlers, though. It'd be easier to implement than a whole bonus-map.
-well why not make a map where the script spawns low lvl and high lvl bonus zombies?

Admin: Hacktank can do that already.. so.. unnecessary Tongue
- This can be given to certain users to use it in-game in the server like you ^^
Lvl-Up: Same as explained above.

Maelstrom: I see now. We'll see what skills will be added Wink

USSOCOM: Welllll, that's actually possible, but this is too much like the LAW.

Crashes: Just report it here or call an admin in game and we'll see what we can do for you Wink

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »

M79: See, the M79 needs one shot instead of three, at all times.

AK: Trust me, the HK is the most used. Look here if you still don't trust my opinion.

Bonus Map: Because that's more work than it's reasonable and it wouldn't add much to the game anyways.

Admin: We have a staff of admins who are trustable. If we need more, we recruit more. No need for sub-admins.

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 02:34:16 PM »

M79: See, the M79 needs one shot instead of three, at all times.
-the m79 atm need 1-2 shoot mostly 2 to kill

AK: Trust me, the HK is the most used. Look here if you still don't trust my opinion.
-not the hk the ak-74 and the stats are taken from the start if you were to reset them now i'd like to see them ^^

Bonus Map: Because that's more work than it's reasonable and it wouldn't add much to the game anyways.
-true ^^ recruit sub devolpers???

Admin: We have a staff of admins who are trustable. If we need more, we recruit more. No need for sub-admins.^
-okay ^^

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »

M79: Together with Rage (x3 damage) it's an insta-kill.

AK: Only Hacktank can reset the stats.

Map: Too much work for too less output.

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 02:55:51 PM »

M79: Together with Rage (x3 damage) it's an insta-kill.

AK: Only Hacktank can reset the stats.

Map: Too much work for too less output.
i wonder how much made it trough for okay ideas...
ANY way play with me T.T on hacktank's server now!

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »

Im not going to reply to every one of the ideas because im lazy, but:

Adding options to current and future skills (your /mine point):
I am working on this idea. The reason it could not be done before was because of the way the account file was set up. It could not accommodate any new data that wasn't a new skill. With the now one this is very possible and i plan on doing it.
Different mine styles
Change in the way kazi's styles work
Different styles of the skill "Magic Ammo" name subject to change like acid, poison, magic vampiric
ect

Weapons shooting clusters:
Due to the gay hardcoding of the weapons and their bullets weapons shooting any type of grenades is very buggy. For example if you shoot a normal nade from a gun it will use up one of your grenades in your inventory and if you have none it will shoot a damageless lag nade. With the clusters it shoots damageless clusters. ( i think, its been a bit since i tried this )

AK with knives:
Maybe, I'll give it a shot.

Malestrom:
Hmm, i am unsure. It causes lots of lag and other bs when a huge amount of bullets are created artificially. But the idea may work. Like have it be a ring of fire that fires bullets from the edges inward at targets inside the circle.

Flame God:
Sounds good, something similar is in Dark's suggestion post. Im thinking about adding a skill that would give you 99% damage reduction for 10 seconds or w/e.

(dont you guys like the way i use proper grammar half the time but slang and no apostrophes and such others Tongue)

BTW, here is the wep mod as of 1/7/11:

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »

Im not going to reply to every one of the ideas because im lazy, but:

Adding options to current and future skills (your /mine point):
I am working on this idea. The reason it could not be done before was because of the way the account file was set up. It could not accommodate any new data that wasn't a new skill. With the now one this is very possible and i plan on doing it.
Different mine styles
Change in the way kazi's styles work
Different styles of the skill "Magic Ammo" name subject to change like acid, poison, magic vampiric
ect
-magic ammo huh don't do vampiric type... allready have vampirism ^^ Devil Bullet? turns the target on fire for set seconds
i heard about some issuse with that - if it stacks with the idea why not experiment around? make a script only includes this kind of project some of your admins/recruits could try it out ^^

Weapons shooting clusters:
Due to the gay hardcoding of the weapons and their bullets weapons shooting any type of grenades is very buggy. For example if you shoot a normal nade from a gun it will use up one of your grenades in your inventory and if you have none it will shoot a damageless lag nade. With the clusters it shoots damageless clusters. ( i think, its been a bit since i tried this )

AK with knives:
Maybe, I'll give it a shot.

Malestrom:
Hmm, i am unsure. It causes lots of lag and other bs when a huge amount of bullets are created artificially. But the idea may work. Like have it be a ring of fire that fires bullets from the edges inward at targets inside the circle.
-how about 1 that's shaped lika U do as the mealstrom but it's size is of 2 thumbs? and a little above the character and the existance time is about lvl1 3secs lvl 2 5secs max

Flame God:
Sounds good, something similar is in Dark's suggestion post. Im thinking about adding a skill that would give you 99% damage reduction for 10 seconds or w/e.

(dont you guys like the way i use proper grammar half the time but slang and no apostrophes and such others Tongue)

BTW, here is the wep mod as of 1/7/11:

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »

Magic Vampirism would steal mana from zombies rather than health. The zombies already gain mana for everything that a human player does. Its time to exploit this fact with the ability for both sides to steal the other's mana.

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »

Magic Vampirism would steal mana from zombies rather than health. The zombies already gain mana for everything that a human player does. Its time to exploit this fact with the ability for both sides to steal the other's mana.
Manapirism?

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]

loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 11:12:23 AM »

Manapirism?

ROFL  Cheesy  Cheesy

There's a lot of great ideas, i like different mines and nuke  Cool

Hey dude, can you share your script IP?

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 11:14:43 AM »

Manapirism?

ROFL  Cheesy  Cheesy

There's a lot of great ideas, i like different mines and nuke  Cool

Hey dude, can you share your script IP?
Sorry to disappoint you but i don't do scripting i only had these ideas ^^ /my ideas come by looking at something and just an idea pops out

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]

Pages: [1] 2
  Print