Add

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Autocast | PSG  (Read 4422 times)
DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:09:05 AM »

Autocast: Autocast is a feature which is available for all skills which have a certain duration. Whenever the skill expires, it is automatically recasted so you don't need to care about it anymore. In the heat of combat, activating 4 different skills steals precious time. Time which is needed to survive incoming zombiewaves. However, since this'd be to your very advantage, casting cost should be increased by 25%. This wouldn't be available for skills like the PSG, though.

---

PSG: I think the PSG is a bit underpowered right now. Yeah, I hear some of you scream already, but in fact, at higher levels it is only needed to defend some point, in most cases the base with your flag. Eversince, typing the command /psg after summoning a PSG removed it. I think it should be changed so typing the command again reloads it and you should be able to remove it by typing /psgr so it's easier to use. Actually, I think the PSG should be removed when you die and the cost should be lowered so low-levlers can cast it more often and of course increase its damage a tad (most of you will not remember the time when you just reached lvl 15 and learned PSG, but it's pretty hard to summon). This is not like a makeover, but rather an act of balancing it, because it is actually ridiculously weak when you compare it to skills like Rage which enable you to 1-hit-kill the John Doe-Zombie with a MP5.

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:09:33 PM »

auto casting huh ^^ sounds like kamikaza (kamikaze) skill almost ^^ make it alike but mana and souls will be drained during gameplay and you can cancel the ability ^^ choose diffrent skills to cast and such to

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]
In-Game Name is : DevilsBullet

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »

Hmm, this could work. A better solution would be to make things like rage not have a duration, but rather constantly drain mana/souls until deactivation/death/out of mana.

PSG:
I am quite disappointed by PSG. It makes me cry that psg can only cast once per second due to the ShitCore's gay limitations. Ill work on buffing it.

Honestly i am just about ready to give up on soldat for good, especially with Link-Dead coming. It should have a MUCH better modding system. Hell it already has the ability to let you create entirely new weapons. And once a full-fledged modding/scripting system comes out i plan on making a 'Soldat Mod' for it to make it like soldat. And then ill remake the ZRPG script with more glory. (hopefully in LUA or some other real language...)

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 01:30:05 AM »

Yeah, LUA would be really nice. I'm not entirely sure whether I'll totally quit Soldat as I haven't tested LD a single time yet, though everyone's like shit's getting real with LD Tongue Definetly worth a try, but I hope you won't just leave Soldat.. :/

loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »

3 Things:

- What's LUA means??
- Hack, are you gonna wait to new soldat version to addapt cool stuff to the script?
- I like the reload psg, but disagree with the removing it on dead.

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »

@loquillo: LUA is an advanced programming language. It's far stronger and much more effective than Delphi (the language Soldat was written with) and Pascal (Soldat's scriptcore, which is used to make scripts like ZRPG).

If the PSG was removed on death, it'd be much cheaper. This'd allow players of lower level to use the skill more effective.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal