Add

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invisible gostek at maxed server  (Read 5767 times)
Surgeon
Zombie

View Profile Email
« on: December 23, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »

This is a weird bug I noticed when I join the server when it's got 7 people in it. My gostek and my screen name will disappear every 10 sec or so and I can't control him anymore. I'll see the arrow indicator which points to where the soldat is supposed to be, but the screen will no longer follow it and it'll just slide off screen. I can neither shoot nor die, apparently. If I have a PSG when my gostek goes invisible, my kills sometimes show up as green as if I were a spectator. If I use chat it won't show my name in the [] beside the words.

If I join spectators/blue team and then rejoin alpha, my gostek will reappear, but then usually disappear again within 10 sec, although sometimes it takes longer. The only way to permanently fix this is to wait until another player quits so there's less than 8 people on the server, then quit and rejoin quickly so I don't end up being the 8th. Some other players on the server have confirmed they sometimes get the same problem.

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »

This is something only happening to you, as I have not experienced anything that is even comparable to your problem or have heard of someone else with the same problem, so I guess this has to do with a mix of a lagging server, a lot of zombies and a bad internet connection. If you use a WLAN connection, try moving your PC closer to the router somehow. If not, have fun with the bug Tongue

Surgeon
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 04:54:23 PM »

Definitely not just me, I believe Elefaent was one of the people who said he had the same thing happen to him once or twice, and it seems to consistently pop up when there's 7 people playing and an 8th joins. It might be due to lag, I guess, it would make sense if it's 7 people with high ping.

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:11:18 PM »

Well, zombies make crazy shit happening - for example when you weild a Ruger and they gang up on you, all crouching in front of you, attacking the air, and suddenly one gets boosted towards you (cannonzombie? xD). It may be related to the server, but not to the script.

Krigan
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 10:59:54 PM »

Definitely not just me,

Yeah, me too

Hacktank
Site/Server Owner
Administrator
Vortex

Demoncoder

jakethedungeonmaster@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »

The 'CannonZombie' is caused by one zombie chainsawing another and propelling him forward.

DarkCrusade
Global Moderator
Vortex

Burn, baby burn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 01:07:03 AM »

Yeah, I knew that Wink Pretty interesting mechanic

fredoskimb
IGN - DevilsBullet
Turncoat

fredric137@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »

this happend me 2 times though i can die and move around and shoot ^^ to temp fix this i have to kill process soldat.exe

Become a MOD[] ^^
100 posts[]
80[]
60[]
40[X]
20[X]
10[X]
5[X]
1[X]
In-Game Name is : DevilsBullet

loquillo
Turncoat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »

That never happened to me, and I hope it never happens to me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal